Lauren Katherine Conrad got famous during the reality show Laguna Beach, where she also grew up, living with her family. Lauren was also part of the second season and then moved to L.A. For a couple of years she starred in the spin-off series, The Hills.
Lauren was born and raised in Laguna Beach, California. Besides from appearing on reality TV, Lauren Conrad is a New York Times bestselling author, fashion designer and philanthropist with over 10 million social media followers. While being on screen, Lauren also worked a lot with designing and has her own collection with Kohls. Besides collabrating with the company, she also owns an own line, Paper Crown and an entire book series.
Lauren became a New York Times best-selling author when she signed multiple book deals with Harper Collins. Her first series for young adults, “LA Candy,” spurred a spin-off trilogy called “The Fame Game.” In addition to the novels, she has written two personal fashion and beauty books, “Lauren Conrad Style” and “Lauren Conrad Beauty.” Her latest book titled “Celebrate” became her 8th New York Times Best Seller. Lauren continues to reach her fan base with daily postings on her ever popular lifestyle website LaurenConrad.com as well as give back with her website TheLittleMarket.com whose mission is to build sustainable partnerships with artisans around the world, by connecting them with customers through an online marketplace and to empower women artisans to rise above poverty and support their families.
Did you know this about Lauren?
1. I have a strong distaste for the color purple. I will not wear anything purple or decorate my home in purple hues.
2. I don’t eat dairy. My husband and baby both have dairy allergies, and a few months after eliminating it from our home cooking, I realized I didn’t miss it and felt much healthier without it.
3. I am named Lauren because my mother’s maiden name was Lawrence.
4. It rained during most of mine and William’s coastal Italian honeymoon. Good thing I was with someone I really liked because we spent a lot of the time cooped up inside together!
5. I really love a good pun. I can’t help myself.
6. I post a lot of workout content on the site, but I actually hate working out. Having a workout buddy makes it a little more bearable.
7. I collect vintage apples that I find at the flea market or antique shops.
8. My biggest pet peeve is rudeness
9. The oldest piece of clothing in my closet are my ballet leotards from when I was a little girl. They are so cute I can’t get rid of them.
10. I always have a $2 bill in my wallet for good luck.